Personal Injuries

Cronin and Co solicitors are committed to providing the highest level of service and will strive to help you receive the maximum level of compensation. If you have been involved in an accident in the last two years you should not delay in seeking legal advice to ensure that your rights are protected.

Personal injury matters can arise from a number of different situations. The most common types of claim are:

  • Road traffic accidents;
  • Slips, trips and falls; and
  • Accidents at work.

Road traffic accidents: Road traffic accidents unfortunately occur every day and in many cases injuries are sustained by drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, cyclists and also pedestrians. If you have been injured in a road traffic accident that was not your fault you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

Slips, Trips and Falls: are otherwise known as public liability claims. These types of accidents are very common and occur in public areas and places such as public roads and pavements, supermarkets, restaurants, public houses, car parks etc. The accident can be caused by a spillage on the floor, defective premises or due to an uneven/damaged pavement.

If you have suffered an accident in a public place which was not your fault we can assist you in making your claim for compensation.

Accidents at Work: Employers owe a well-established duty of care to their employees. If you have been injured at work due to being provided with defective or inappropriate equipment; the behaviour or actions of a colleague; an unsafe system of work being in place and/or not being provided with any/or sufficient protective equipment and work wear then you may have a valid claim against your employer.

If you have suffered an accident at work we can advise you in respect of your options and assist you through the claim process to ensure you maximise your compensation.

The Personal Injury Assessment Board (PIAB) is generally the first port of call for all personal injury claims and often their assessment may lead to the successful resolution of your claim. We can assist you with your application to the PIAB before, during and after your assessment has been completed to ensure your rights are protected and to maximise any compensatory award being made.

The most important thing to note is that you must make your claim within 2 years of your accident or injury, or 2 years from the point in time you learned of your injury. As a result do not delay as you will only prejudice your claim.